Monday, February 25

Pattern Review - Vogue 7615


 This is one of my all time favourite patterns. I have done a search for it and it seems no longer to be available which doesn't help you much. However I just worked out I have had my copy around 10 years now, so it may make the retro section of vogue soon!
 This doesn't look much of a dress on the patterns. It is simple - I make it from knit and remove the zip and centre back seam as they are unnecessary and too much hard work. The raglan sleeve has a small dart a the top. The waistline fits well and there is no elastic so basically you sew it together and there you have a dress!
 I got this light weight knit at Darn Cheap recently for $7/m and the dress needs 2. I could cut it from less but the check on this is a one way check so it would look funny if the pattern was going the wrong way. The check is printed on the cross. I thought this would be great for trans-season - dressed up with some boots. Oh, just dreaming of winter and being able to snuggle up!!
Here is a stunningly posed shot of it on! I like to make the darts a little larger on the shoulder to create a more squared neck and I prefer 3/4 sleeves. This is the same dress I made here.

On the same trip, Mum had bought some red linen blend knit and when it was cut it had a hole in it, so the lady kindly gave us both pieces for the price of one. Out of the knit I made this tshirt. It is my made up pattern, and I made it longer in the front so I could wear it over my sports tights for those school mornings where I go straight to pilates. 
There were decent 'scraps' left from both projects so I had a bit of a play and made this top. A mixture of both that should be good for winter - with black pants etc. 
 This was all put together with scraps of what I had but basically like this:
 Oh the professionalism! If you stumble over one of these old vogue patterns in an op shop somewhere, pick it up because it is a beauty!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I just bought this pattern at a thrift store on the weekend. Glad to see your positive review with two lovely versions:) I have significantly less time to sew these days with a new baby, but this pattern seems like a simple make. Thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete